Sunday, August 27, 2006

Classic Italian Pizza - Official Review!!

I have heard very good things about Classic Italian Pizza. Unfortunately, I have some very bad things to say about them.

The place: Classic Italian Pizza
1054 E Baseline Rd
Tempe, AZ 85283
(480) 345-8681

The Posse: Lady Luck, Baldy-Beard, Bo, and your humble author.

The Ride: I have to admit that due to the freshness of my new bike, any ride is stupidly fun. Classic Italian Pizza is just off of Rural Rd. and Baseline Rd. here in scenic Mesa, AZ. It's not exactly a twisty or scenic ride, but any ride is better than no ride, right? 2 Crying Luckies

The Pie: What pie? We sat there for 20 minutes and didn't get so much as our drink order taken. WTF? 0 Crying Luckies

The Toppings: No pizza = No toppings = Absolute crap. 0 Crying Luckies

The Ambiance: Pretty cute, especially for a strip mall. Of course, that was negated by the fact that NO ONE TOOK OUR FREAKIN' ORDER. The waitstaff walked past our table (where we were sitting with menus closed and attempting to make eye contact) FOUR TIMES. They were not busy. Five tables, four of whom are currently eating does not equal a dinner rush. Furthermore, we didn't even get a "sorry about the wait, I'll be right with you." 0.00001 Crying Luckies

Overall: When I go out to eat, it's because I want to have a good time. I'm not so desperate for food that I'll put up with crap service to get it. We left after 20 minutes. I probably COULD have gone to the bar and complained, but after 20 minutes of sitting at a table, it's not really going to be possible for me to lighten up, or excuse the staff. Someone could have made a token effort to acknowledge us. If they'd been elbow-deep in customers, I'd feel differently. A solid 0.000000047 Crying Luckies.

Now, I'm not one to let a little thing like massive disappointment because of lousy, lousy service get in the way of my good time. That's why the pizza posse immediately chose a new pizza destination: Nonno's Pizza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know the one I took you to when you helped me with the bike. They pulled the same shit. Haven't been back there since