Sunday, July 23, 2006

Behold the New Hotness!

I am now the proud owner of a new, black '06 Triumph Speed Four. I went on Friday to start the paperwork, expecting to pick it up on Saturday morning. Instead, I rolled out of the dealership (Arizona Superbike) on my new bitchin' motorcycle at 6:55pm. Here's a picture of me getting ready to ride off without any gear on. Don't worry, I made it home ok, and I don't intend to make a habit of it.

I got the bike with a grand total of zero miles on the clock. Look at this blend of high-tech and retro class in the dashboard.

Since then, I've gotten 169 miles on it, and I plan to put at least 40 more on tonight. Right now I can only rev it up to 5000 rpms. As you can see from the tach, 5000 rpms is NOTHING on this bike. I've been doing a hell of a lot of shifting this weekend. I can't wait to get it broken in and let 'er rip up to redline.

This bike absolutely rocks. I'm so tickled, I barely know where to begin telling you about just how awesome it is. Let me sum it up by saying that I've got the biggest, dumbest grin in the world right now, and I jump up and down giggling when I go into the garage and see it.

Of course, I had to go and buy my bike on the hottest weekend of the year (at least, thus far). I've been out riding in the morning until I start feeling funky, and then waiting until it cools off again. Lady Luck can barely tolerate me; I'm sure she wishes the weather was nicer so I could ride off some of the excitement.

Well, if you'll excuse me, it's getting dark out and I'm going to go out and ride some more.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

That's a nice ride, glad you went with the Triumph.

Anonymous said...

Kick ass! Congrats, Lucky!

Anonymous said...

Fuck yeah.

Anonymous said...

Ain't new bikes GREAT!!!!!!

Very cool bike, see very few on the roads and i've always been a bit of a Trumpet wannabe.

Didn't you want to hang on 'til they bring out the 675 Speed Triple?

Lucky said...

Thanks y'all.

Sparx - As much as I love the way the Speed Triple looks, it wasn't a comfortable bike for me. And I just heard about the new Speed Triple this weekend, so it wasn't even on my radar. :D

Anonymous said...

Now what are you going to do, you won't have anything to fix on the new bike.

Congrats, and it's black to boot.

Anonymous said...

Great lookin bike. Love the Speed series Triumphs.

I added a '98 Daytona T595 to my stable this summer. It's 955ccs of screamin, fuel injected, triple cylinder fun, and the note from the PowerMax undertail exhaust is intoxicating! Though I may need a hearing aid in the near future. Everywhere I go, at least one person will make one of these two the comments "Who makes Triumph" or "Wow, I didn't know they still made Triumphs".