So it would seem that I've successfully repaired the oil leak on the Triumph. There were no puddles of oil under the bike this morning, which is just how I like it...
Anyway, after a couple of weeks on the Vespa, getting back on the Speed Four is kinda... exhilarating. What can I say? I like fast motorcycles.
So after riding a more leisurely bike, it's very, very tempting to get into all sorts of trouble.
Especially when some guy in his car wants to race. I love it when people in cars want to race. Usually, I don't actually indulge in my urges to whack open the throttle and leave behind a hazy outline of myself that can still outrun some doofus in his pick 'em up.
But a cager who wants to race a motorcycle is just begging to be messed with. Although I wouldn't do this - because it would be dangerous as well as foolish - here is what I sorely want to do:
1. Doofus indicates desire to race in usual way (getting next to me and hanging out, then keeping pace when I speed up to get my safety cushion back)
2. I get into full tuck and speed up the tiniest bit, just to get doofus hooked
3. Doofus tries to pass, and I keep pace as we accelerate
4. I let him get the tiniest bit ahead, then pull up next to him/slightly ahead
5. Repeat step 4 several times so doofus thinks we're really racing now
6. Look over and make eye contact with doofus
8. Downshift and watch doofus vanish in my rear view mirrors
So maybe I won't really do it, but it's sure a fun dream...