Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Got The Funk

Or, to be exact, my helmet does. After two years of daily riding through apocalyptic desert heat, my lid has a smell. A smelly kind of smell. The kind of smell that smells...

Smelly.*

I've got some Lid Cleanz which does an OK job, but the skull-funk seems to have a particular fondness for my helmet, since it keeps coming back. Lid Cleanz is only a temporary fix.

I'm somewhat distressed, as I really like my helmet. It actually fits my gigantic melon. And it's comfortable. And comforting. I don't want to have to get a new one. New helmets suck! They don't love me like my current helmet. They squeeze in weird places. They don't have 30,000 miles of road grime built up in the hard-to-reach nooks. They haven't been there to hug my head after a particularly rotten day at work.

But, I guess I'll have to get a new helmet one of these days, because I'm tired of smelling like a funky helmet.




*Yes, I did rip that off. Free imaginary donuts for everyone who can tell me what I stole it from.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr Krab, on Sponge Bob Squarepants of course.

Orin said...

Lotsa new helmets have removable linings, so you can throw the lining in with the smelly socks and have it come out Springtime Fresh...

__Orin
Scootin' Old Skool

ellopez said...

wow, i just caught a whiff of my skid lid and just in time it seems before the "funk" sets in. I unsnapped it and it is soakiing in woolite now. Think the guys at the Handlebar will will mind if my helmet smells daisy fresh. lol...
brl

Anonymous said...

Oh man this post just cracked me up....funny stuff.