Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just an update

The new pizza reviews are in draft form right now. Yes, that means half-written. They'll be up soon.

Now, on to this whole novel thing. It's going to be sort of a supernatural satire/comedy. I'm busy figuring out characters, and odd situations to stick them in. If there were a book jacket, it might say something like: "2 unsavory but loveable characters decide, for various reasons, they must embark on an epic quest across the U.S. by motorcycle looking for God(s), beauty, mischeif and really wild times. Hilarity ensues when they discover America is just as weird as they are."

So, uh, there that is. I'll see if I can work in a crazed, Vespa-riding photographer, but that character's only probable purpose will be to get killed. He'll most likely be wearing a red shirt.

I can't promise that it'll be good. In fact, if it's actually good, I'm going to be as surprised as you are.

...And once that shock wears off, I'm going to sell that sucker and get rich and enjoy touring the country signing the boobs of my adoring fans. Because that's what writing is all about. Just ask Mark Twain or Shakespeare.

And now, we start counting down to Nov. 1.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shakespeare got to get paid, son.

Steve Williams said...

Come on, you can't make the Vespa riding photographer the red ensign just making a brief appearance as fodder for death! You have to stretch and make that character YODA like---- a scooter ride you must.

And he only eats hot dogs, potato chips, bottled water, and chocolate cupcakes. In the movie I see him played by Clive Owen.

steve

Lucky said...

Dude, don't make me make the fodder... uh, scooterist look like yoda as well. We want him to be ugly after things go wrong, not before. And, seriously, a man who eats like that is going to die. No pizza? WTF?

Hey, waitaminnit.... you're a crazed Vespa riding photographer. Why would you set me up like that?

How about this: the C.V.R.P. is part of a GANG of C.V.R.s, and gets killed trying to document the epic battle between our heroes and the C.V.R. gang. That'd be pretty good. :D

Steve Williams said...

lucky: I think it best to just let your creative energies flow where they will. Writing a novel is just not a good group exercise.

Pizza. I just couldn't bring myself to put it in the same sentence as hot dogs. Pizza is an order of magnitude about that sort of thing.

steve

Lucky said...

Steve - I hope you know I was just giving you a hard time. I figured you'd keep playing along. :D

Steve Williams said...

I figured you were trying to play me along and get me to write some really amazing prose about crazed photographing Vesap riders. I know that old Tom Sawyer trick so I just curled up with a bag of potato chips and let the pizza land where it may...

I made a movie once about pizza---if I remember correctly is was called the Great Mona Lisa Pizza Parlor Puzzle. No bikers or Vespas in it though.