Monday, October 23, 2006

I like to be here when I can

Yep, home again.

Travelling was interesting, as always. The flight home was delayed, and then they decided to play musical luggage carousels with us. I was worried that it was going to be all smooth and uninteresting.

So, here's what we did, and a brief summary of things that were planned, and things that actually happened:

  • Incredibly quantities of crab were consumed.
  • Enough Grain Belt Premium, a beer of exceptional quality, was consumed to result in my waking up dizzy the next day. Also, I understand a new friend of mine was giving me no end of shit during the course of my Grain Belt consumption. I, of course, missed all of her witty quips. This is because I lose my hearing when drinking, and I am entirely unable to focus on more than one thing at a time.
  • The other thing I was focused on was, of course, making 9 pounds of hot wings for my adoring fans.
  • No "new" pizza was consumed. GOOD pizza, yes, but a pizza I've already mentioned on this blog (way back here).
  • Many, many games of pool were played. Of those, I lost by scratching on the 8 ball (or while breaking) 8 times. Dammit.
  • The main reason for going up, my grandma's 90th birthday party, was pretty cool, and resulted in a great new name for a band: Nine Decades of Grandma.
  • I got to shoot a potato slingshot. Perhaps you'll get to see some video. Maybe not.
  • Lady Luck got a totally awesome new pair of motorcyclin' boots. I looked for a place to make me some custom boots, one of which says "Kicking" and the other "Stomping." No luck there.
  • We had lunch in Bloomington Rock City (former home of Minne-Texa-Welshy Chris Cope.)

No comments: