Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Monster vs. VX800

Way back before I got laid off, I went to a dealership and discovered that I really, really like Ducatis. The bike I particularily liked was the 620 Monster Dark. I've since learned that the 620 isn't exactly a powerhouse, and that there is a 695 version coming out soon (is it already out?) for the same price.

It doesn't really matter, because "easy to work on" isn't the first thing comes up when someone mentions a Ducati. Someday, when I've got cash coming out of my ears, I'll probably finally get a Duck of my very own, but until then I'll make do with something else.

All the same, that Monster felt like home. I was daydreaming the other day about the bike (daydreaming doesn't cost much, at least), and it finally hit me that the reason I liked the bike so much was because it was almost identical to my VX. Check it out!

VX800


Ducati


Same sexy lines, both come in black, both have v-twins, they're hard to get parts for... Shoot, they're practically the same bike!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The VX is kick ass, I say stay with what you have! Spend the money on mods or the scooter for the Mrs if you haven't picked it up yet.

Anonymous said...

Oof. I have always wanted a Ducati. I will buy one when I want my wife to divorce me.

Lucky said...

Chris - You just have to work it so she wants you to buy one. Lady Luck was practically shoving the check book into my hands until I had to blow it by telling her how much a mere oil change would cost (even if I do it myself). As I said, when I'm rich, I'll have one.

red - the VX isn't going anywhere. I'm just looking for another bike to keep it company in the garage. And the scooter is definitely going to come first.

Which reminds me, Chris, maybe you need to discretely start showing the child bride pictures of Stellas. Slip a brochure into her purse when she's not looking. You know, a scooter could be VERY handy for her in Wales.

Anonymous said...

They look like twins to me