Sunday, March 26, 2006

The dangers of going to dealerships pt. 2

Yesterday I thought it'd be fun to drag Lady Luck over to Arizona Superbike to check out the Triumphs.

We walked in and I said to myself "oooooooh shit." See, in order to get to the Triumph retros, I had to navigate my way through the Ducatis. There are a couple of Ducs that I think are mighty tasty, so I had to hop on. The specific models were the Sport1000 and the Monster 620 Dark.

To be honest, the Sport 1000 was a bit too much "sport" for me (I don't want to be in a full crouch ALL the time), but the Monster felt like home. Truly, it was like they had built the bike specifically for me.

So then I wandered over to the Triumphs. The Bonnevilles and Thruxton were also extremely tasty AND sized correctly for me (unlike the Sportsters I checked out back here). Since I was there I took a look at the Speed Triple. While I dig the styling, it was not the bike for me.

While I was making a mess on the Ducatis and Triumphs, Lady Luck noticed a particularily tasty scooter over on the other side of the shop. Check this sucker out!

As you can understand, we left the dealership a little excited about all things moto. After doing a little bit of research, I'm pretty sure I won't be getting the Ducati. They're just too expensive to maintain (I'd need to get the valve adjustment done at least twice a year, at $250 a pop). So that leaves the Triumphs, well, triumphant.

Now we need to decide if Lady Luck is going to get a Stella or the Aprilia Mojito 150. Right now, we're leaning pretty strongly towards the Stella. And the Aprilia.

All I have to do now is finish the taxes and find out if we're going to get her a scooter next weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY want the Sport1K...in what color? YOU KNOW IT BLACK, 'like a glove' is not even close to acurate...think Liquid latex for that PUUURRRFECT fit...but...$11K is just a bit out of range for awhile.