Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Still going

So, my bike still hasn't broken down. What the hell?

I found myself checking out an ad on Craigslist for a 1971 Yamaha HT1 for $100. No spark, but supposedly good compression and low mileage. Mmmm, unusual, old and in need of repair. I bet it would look great as a cafe racer...

I had to turn away from the computer and repeat "I do not need another project" to myself about 100 times before I calmed down.

So, instead of doing that, I guess I'll focus on giving the VX a full tune-up and making sure there aren't any other idiotic problems hiding somewhere waiting to bite me. I hear changing the sparkplugs on the VX is a special joy. I wonder if it'll be worse than the time I changed the sparkplugs on the Nissan 200sx I used to own. That was one of those "one hour job turns into all day ordeal" kind of projects.

At least there are only two plugs on the VX. There were 8 on the Nissan.

No comments: