Friday, October 21, 2005

Smoked!

I know what you've been thinking lately: "Hey, Lucky, less of the motivation, more of the funny stories!!" Here's an amusing anecdote for you.

On my way home last night I was stopped at a stoplight, noticing that I seemed to be in a less-affluent neighborhood. That doesn't bother me, because I'm far from wealthy. Anyways, I start paying more attention than I probably should have to the people who appeared to live in the area. They weren't up to much, but they were a lot more interesting than the red light and the squat, old buildings. Just before the light turned green, I noticed a dude on his bicycle riding by on my right. I was like "right on, bicycle-commuter-man!"

The light turned green and ***FLASH*** a black streak making minimal noise zipped by me, in my lane, on my right. It took me a second to realize that I had just been smoked by a SCOOTER. My first thought was "You dick!" My next thought was "You glorious, sneaky BASTARD!"

When we got to the next stoplight, I pulled over into the left lane, and left some room for scooter-kid to get in. Apparently he was turning right, so he didn't come over. And that's when I heard all this Star-Wars-Robot-like booping, whistling and wooping coming from the lane next to me. At first I thought it was a car alarm being turned off or something (lots of parking lots nearby). Nope, as he turned the corner, I realized it was the scooter kid. He was looking back and apparently really trying to get my attention.

Did he recognize me as the man behind The Great Motorcycle Pizza Tour somehow, or did he just want to talk smack? Well, if you're out there, scooter-kid on University in Mesa, I am thoroughly amused. I laughed the whole way home about getting outrun by some punk on a scooter.

No comments: