Wednesday, April 12, 2006

100 Things

So I noticed Chris Cope has an ongoing list of 100 things. It appears to me that the 100 things are exclusively odd facts about him.

I think that's kind of a cool idea (and a good way to cheat when you're low on ideas for a post), so I'm going to rip him off and start my own list of 100 things.

1. When I was a kid, I was irresistably drawn to immobile objects regardless of my choice of locomotion. A few of the more notable objects I crashed into are: A fire hydrant, a tree (not that remarkable, except I was on a skateboard. How the hell did I do that?), a bike rack outside of school, a sandbar in a lake (in a boat, naturally), and a storage shed. And more than once I've been just standing/sitting there and suddenly found myself on the ground.

2. I have been recruited to be in a Viking-metal band. More than once.

3. When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a garbage man. Of course, back then, garbage men worked as a team, and one guy rode on the back of the truck (guess which guy I wanted to be). They don't do that anymore (that I've seen, anyway), so I'm no longer interested in the arcane art of garbage collection.

4. I secretly miss the motorcycle magazines I read when I lived in Sweden.

5. I sometimes get tired of explaining that blacksmiths do not shoe horses. Farriers do. And, quite frankly, horses scare me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when we go dumpster diving, one person always rides "garbage man" on the back of my buddy's Cherokee. it's a blast!

Anonymous said...

HA! I too once yearned to be a garbage man, of course the fella that rode on the back. I changed my tune after seeing said fella on back get his arm crushed in the truck mashing mechanism.