Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Buell is Back At It

Personally, I knew Buell would be back. You probably did too. Face it, a guy who can do what he did with HD weighing him down isn't going to be stopped by a little thing like the loss of a supplier and dealer chain.

Erik Buell Racing has unveiled the 1190RS, and if I had roughly $40,000, I'd totally buy one. But I don't, so I'm just going to wait until they're mass-producing again.

Here is Motorcyclist magazine's write-up about it.

Yum.

One question for modern sportbike designers, though: What's the deal with the fiddly license plate holders stuck on the back of seemingly all the new bikes. Is that really the most attractive option you can come up with?

1 comment:

mark said...

Glad to see that he's still in the game. Harley lost quite an asset when they lost him.

I'll never understand Harley. I want them to do great things, but they just keep doing things that make no sense to me. They dropped Buell, then the news starting coming in about their ventures into making motorcycles in India and slowing production in the U.S.

The only thing I've been impressed with is their heavy promotion with women buyers. Of course, they have no other new customer base to try for at this point, but they've done a fine job of getting more women to enjoy riding.