Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Street Cred, Denied

According to the standards documents I found online, it has officially been a very long time since I got new tires put on the Triumph. And, try as I might, daily commuting has not yet worn off the sprue nubs on the edges of my tires. Either they are very tough nubs, or I'm not spending nearly enough time at exciting angles. Or both.

Anyway, last night I glanced down at my tire and noticed there didn't appear to be any of the nubs remaining on the left side of my tire. Hooray, right?

This morning I discovered that, despite my best attempts, there were still plenty of nubs on the left side. Dammit.

I'm tempted to just sit down and pick them off, but something about doing so feels unsportsman-like.

I need to find some fast twisty roads before I lose all of my credibility...

6 comments:

682202 said...

I'll never tell...

mq01 said...

sounds like a fun weekend might be in store...

Wycked/Mikel said...

60 to Globe, Left at the big T Intersection as you head out of globe...Follow that until you find Salt River Canyon...RUN LAPS BIATCH! then ride home...

OR run the beginners class of AZTRACKDAY at Firebird!

Canajun said...

You wouldn't be the first to take an angle grinder to them.....
(Not me. I feel no shame at all to have them still on my tires.)

Unknown said...

Lucky:

Chicken strips are a sign of maturity.

We were in Astoria on Tuesday and we suddenly got a craving urge to have pizza, but alas . . . your pizza store is not yet open.

bob
Wet Coast Scootin

Lucky said...

682202 - I appreciate that.

mq01 - Every weekend is fun if I'm involved. ;)

Wycked - That just sounds righteous. I might have to do that tomorrow.

Canajun - I have to say, I've never considered taking powertools to my tires. Seems potentially expensive.

Bobskoot - Yikes. I can't have anyone thinking I'm mature. Sorry about the lack of pizza - I expected to be in Oregon much sooner.