Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tired Tuesday Linky Love

Apparently John McCain went to Sturgis this year. When The Establishment goes to an event to round up voters, you can bet I won't be going. I am amused that he's going to get the blue-collar vote. Isn't Sturgis primarily dentists now?

Also, how come any big event is called "Woodstock for ..." now? Woodstock was Woodstock. I didn't even go, on account of not being alive at the time, and I know that.

Also, Sturgis started in 1938 - way before Woodstock. In fact, using the same logic, it'd be fair to say that Woodstock was Sturgis for Hippies.

Moving on, here's video of a motorcyclist doing a backflip over a flying Subaru. Between you and me, this video primarily makes me want to get a Subaru.

Being a Grandfather would rock. Grandfathers, after all, are the grown-ups responsible for teaching kids how to get into big, fun trouble. My first cigar was given to me by my Grandpa when I was about 10. My other Grandpa knew all about fun trouble too.

Here's another MOTORCYCLES WILL MICROWAVE YOUR BABY post. Sometimes I forget how much people fear motorcycles...

3 comments:

irondad said...

That video makes me want to get a tattoo and start drinking Monster energy potion.

Bikes kill people, guns kill people, whatever. When do you ever hear about operator responsibility? She's not saying anything about that. Just get more armor for the crash.

Sorry. I keep trying to type but bad things want to come out. There's so much conflict between what my brain tells me and what my fingers will let through that I better quit before I short circuit.

Becky said...

I was surprised McCain went to Sturgis. I think it was because bikers are traditionally patriotic, and there are alot of veterans and Viet Nam vets at Sturgis. He wouldn't know what to do on a motorcycle. He also offered up his wife to compete for Miss Buffalo Chip. Did he know its a topless contest? What an idiot.

Bikerchickz

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight...the woman on the "parenting" forum is saying that motorcycles are dangerous because cagers are irresponsible and incompetent. So her solution is to take away my preferred choice of vehicle??? She flat out says that motorcycle accidents are the cagers' fault!

Wouldn't it make more sense to do something about the cagers? I take the responsibility to wear AGATT and continue my training through ERC courses every 3 years. When was the last time she took a driving skills refresher course???