Friday, January 11, 2008

Not Riding in the Rain

So which is worse, riding in the rain, or not riding in the rain?

I think the answer is pretty obvious – not riding sucks much more than a little weather. Yesterday we had glorious rain throughout the day, most notably during the morning commute. Not so much as a single drop of water touched me while on the road however. This wasn’t because of my amazing rain gear (which, miraculously, keeps the rain from even falling). It wasn’t because of my ninja-like raindrop avoidance skills.

Nope. It was because I was carpooling.

I don’t particularly mind carpooling. It decreases our overall fuel costs, and wear and tear costs for multiple vehicles. Plus, our car has a pretty good stereo, so I get to enjoy high-quality audio on my way to work. And Lady Luck is pretty good company.

All the same, I’d rather be on my bike.

The desire to, y’know, be on my bike, is one of the major driving forces behind my drive to get my motorcycle business going. Yes, I’m going to start dealing (motorcycles) in order to support my (motorcycle) habit.  The difference between selling to support my need for motorcycles and other folks selling chemical refreshments to support their habits is that living in a garage strung out on motorcycles isn't a bad thing.

Lady Luck, incidentally, is behind this effort 100%, because she also wants to stop carpooling. At least, she wants to stop carpooling to our current jobs. For Christmas she gave me a box full of legal forms for setting up a Limited Liability Corporation (Help, I’m going corporate!). After I opened it, she gave me a hard look and said, “That’s a hint.”

Point taken.

As such, I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for likely moto-sales candidates. I’ve got my eye on a couple of bikes I’ve seen this week, and I plan to take action. Expect to see my first motorcycle auction in the next few weeks.

With a bunch of hard work, and a bit of luck, by this time next year my moto-business will be going great guns and Lady Luck and I will be able to spend a lot more time riding in the rain.

2 comments:

irondad said...

I thought I was addicted, but you're strung out, Dude! Like you say, though, that's not a BAD thing!

Lucky said...

Definitely not a bad thing. If loving motorcycles is wrong, then I don't want to be right!