Tuesday, August 08, 2006

800 miles - 8,000 rpms - 80,000 stupid grins

On my way home from work today I hit the next milestone in breaking in my Speed Four. At 800 miles I got an extra 1000 rpms to play with.

I knew that I wasn't anywhere near the full potential of this bike, and I know I'm still not, but WOW. I've never had a vehicle that can do 45 mph in first gear before.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps I did not choose wisely when I purchased this motorcycle. It's not that the Triumph isn't a great, great bike. It's not that I'm not 100% happy with this bike. It's that this bike makes me think the bad thoughts. Everyone knows that the only way to get rid of temptation is to give in to it, but giving in to the temptation this bike presents is certain to land me in jail for criminal speeding.

Being a careful sort, I know that I'll behave, but it's going to take a tremendous amount of self-discipline. As I said when I first got the Triumph, this bike wants to go.

No comments: