Monday, March 20, 2006

Make sure you're getting the most out of it.

A few tips to make sure you are squeezing every last bit of moto-goodness out of your bike.
  • Never, EVER wash your bike. That is time that could be spent riding it.
  • Unless you like washing your bike.
  • Do your own wrenching, always. Even if you're up until 4am. Four nights in a row. In a parking lot. When it's 110 degrees out.
  • Learn to do physics-defying wheelies. Don't tell your wife.
  • Go through several tanks of gas in a weekend.
  • Ride at dawn.
  • And sunset.
  • Park in your living room at least once.
  • Scrape your footpegs.
  • Wear leathers.
  • Ride in the rain.
  • Smile. If you're on a bike, your life is freaking awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right, I do 1.
Don't agree with 2.
Don't have a choice with 3 but I do have use of a workshop.
Would love to learn 4 but I'm clumsy enough on two feet. One wheel will probably see me kill myself.
5, 6 & 7 goes without saying.
8, won't get it up the steps to the front door. Did it in my old house though.
9, 10, 11 & 12. Every bloody day mate!