Thursday, February 23, 2006

Barrel of Fun

Is this thing still up? Jeez, I practically forgot I ever even had a blog. How y'all doing?

Work sucks. A lot. But that's enough about that, let's get straight to the motorcyclin'.

Today I went and picked up Lady Luck on the mighty VX800 so we could go to a great mexican joint for lunch. The ride was fairly uneventful, except for when I nearly pulled in front of a moving utility truck in a parking lot. Luckily the driver wasn't a dick; he stopped in front of me (after making an exaggerated "OH SHIT!" face) and yelled "Hey man, I don't want to run over any motorcycles."

I guess you kind of had to be there, but it was damn funny. I waved and rolled on (I wasn't ever in any real danger of getting smooshed).

Lady Luck commented that getting out on the bike during lunch was awesome. Naturally, I whole-heartedly agreed.

Lunch was great (hooray for non-corporate restaurants!), and the ride back was pleasant enough.

I understand that when Lady Luck got back into the office, her co-workers gave her no end of shit for not wearing a helmet. Now, that was entirely my fault. I really should have given her my helmet, but a combination of stress and her speed in hopping on the bike, it never even occurred to me until we were in traffic again.

Apparently there was a large group of people watching her out the window, and trying to take pictures. Shoot, they can have some of MY work if they're so bored.

No comments: