Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Space Man in Leather

Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but I have had so much trouble focussing on the task at hand today that it's kind of comical. I work as a computer programmer, and today I found myself writing maybe 10 lines of code then spacing out for 10 minutes or so.

I figured that lunch would be a good opportunity to find some caffeine and get my focus back. I sucked down as much soda as I could, and went back to the office. I'm still not exactly sure how I got there, but I apparently made it.

Fast-forward through an afternoon of dopey staring and near-drooling. The ride home today was torture. I'd space out, remember "I COULD DIE!!," focus again for a solid ten seconds, and space out again. That gets scary quick on a freeway. Again, I apparently made it home safe, so I guess it's all good.

No comments: