Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Many insects died to bring you this post

I mentioned right after Christmas that I got a shiny, new leather jacket. Well, after less than a month of riding my new jacket is, shall we say, less than shiny. I'm not exactly sure what kind of jungle I ride through every day, but it's a lot juicier than I thought it was.

Case in point: my helmet. The other day, frustrated with how foggy my visor gets in the morning, I took a close look at the vents on my lid to make sure they were open. They were, but....
...yuck...
The photo of my visor didn't come out well enough to show you the collection of gummy bears that somehow squidged their way across my window to the world, but with any luck that description gave you a good understanding of the nastiness.

I guess tonight I should probably haul out the Lid-Cleanin'-Wipes and get some of the larger chunks off of there. I'm not sure if anything will get this crap off, but I can hope.

My unintended bug collection kind of blows my mind because, living in Phoenix, I hardly even notice insects unless one of the larger ones is rampaging through downtown Mesa. I hate to think what those of you who ride and live in a more life-sustaining environment find smeared across your gear at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's a lot juicier than I thought it was.

Ewwwwwww. I wear a half-helmet in the summer, and some of my friends have made smart-ass comments because I have a windshield on my bike. It only took one bumblebee in the face at 65MPH to realize that was a good idea...