Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wrenching is FUN.

I got my new clutch cable installed last night. Putting it in place probably took me an hour, since getting it in there required me to pull nearly everything off the bike. So, after all that, I spent way, way too long trying to get my clutch adjusted. No joy. The shop manual's description of how to adjust the clutch is pretty useless in my opinion.

Lady Luck came out to get me around 10:00pm. She said she figured if she didn't get me, I'd have been out there all night. If I didn't like her so darn much, I probably would have been out there all night anyway. As I've said before, I hate it when my bike isn't working. I can't sleep, and I can't think about anything else for any length of time.

Tonight, it's back to the garage to spend a few more hours experimenting with the clutch.

No comments: