Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Friggin' in the Riggin'

Apparently I have a new gremlin. Last night I got home and discovered that my headlight is NOT burned out. At least, not in a traditional way. Basically the lo-beam doesn't work until the bike (or light) is warmed up. I wonder if something is weird in the switch or wiring....

Well, if I ever have any time again I'll get the can of contact cleaner out and go to town on all the connections for the headlight. Woo hoo.

List of things my bike currently needs:
1. Need new front tire
2. Need to replace the clamp on the fuel line that keeps loosening and leaking gasoline all over my garage
3. Need to find and squish headlight gremlin
4. Tune up
5. Paint - Flat black, natch. I'm working on a cool design to stencil on the tank too.
6. Reupholster seat (I'll probably just duct tape it).

That's just off the top of my head....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion for your paint job. Instead of flat black, try rhino liner. Yep, the truck bedliner stuff. A buddy did that to his Road King and VTX.