Friday, July 29, 2005

Another Riding-Free Weekend.

I start to get a little crazy when my bike isn't roadworthy. I'll wander around, apparently doing normal things, but in my head I'm working out thousands of ways I could get my bike going again before I flip out and lay waste to my garage.

When the rectifier went and everything was on backorder, I immediately wondered how I could build my own. I found out, too. They aren't complicated at all. Then I wandered through a weekend of wondering how I could get ahold of some diodes and thyristors before Monday that are beefy enough to stand up to the abuses of the VX's charging system.

I was almost disappointed when I got a new part lined up. Nevermind that I couldn't find a supplier of electronic bits with the specs I needed.

When I got the flat tire, all I thought about was how I was going to get it fixed.

Now I'm down a footpeg, and I don't have a replacement yet. I've considered affixing a wooden dowel to the bike somehow. I've ran through my mental phone book trying to find someone I know who can weld. I've contemplated the various possibilities afforded by vice grips (thanks for the idea Wycked).

I've exhausted my options and now I'm left sitting here wondering what I'm going to do this weekend. I guess I could finally mount the windshield the seller gave me when I bought the bike. Or I could give the beast a tune-up (it seems to need one).

Or I could just sit there and stare at it for a couple of hours, willing it to become complete.

I hope that, whatever happens, I get some freakin' pizza.

No comments: