Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Agony of Owning a "Rare" Motorcycle

Last night I went to buy a new battery to go with the new Regulator/Rectifier I should be getting tomorrow. I called the store a couple weeks ago and they told me they had it. Since my bike is, you know, rare, I assumed that they would still have that battery. WRONG. We dug through a bunch of the batteries they did have looking for something that would work. Nothing.
So I went to another store, just to check. Nope.

Luckily, the first store was able to find another location of theirs that has one. I'm going to call and ask them to hold it. Also, I plan to explain to them that if they don't hold it and it's gone when I get there, their family will enjoy 7 generations of pain. I'd hate for them to not understand how badly I want to get my bike running.

If I can get the VX800 running before the weekend, I think I'll finally be able to post the first official review. And then, life will be good.

No comments: