Saturday, October 15, 2011

Turns Out It's A Triumph After All

Electrical issues and oil leaks.  Yep, a modern Triumph is still a Triumph.

OK, so it took until the bike reached 40,000 miles for these issues to come up.  And if you show me a motorcycle that doesn't leak oil and develop electrical issues, I'll show you a bike that's never been ridden.

Still, kind of a pain in the butt.  My battery isn't charging.  I've stuck the multimeter on the battery, and I can rev the motor to my heart's content with no increase in voltage.  I'll have to figure out if it's a problem with the rectifier or the stator.

Fun times!

2 comments:

gael_cee said...

My bike. 2005 Harley Fatboy. 50,500miles and never a drop of oil on the floor. No apparent electrical problems. Totally knocking on wood now.

Had a 79 Bonneville that leaked a bunch and had a few electrical glitches though.

Honda Motorcycles blog said...

I think you should look for something called "a Honda". Just got 63500 km on it (which is around 40000 miles) and I never had a drop of oil. And the bike costs around $7000 new :)

Still, it doesn't have the Triumph character, so kudos to that!