Monday, December 20, 2010

Commuting In the Wrong Vehicle

Hey there. Been a while.

So, due to a series of events not interesting enough to share, I had to drive a car to work today.

It was... terrible. Other drivers were cranky (one actually took the time to call me an asshole), the thing barely maneuvers, and the visibility was terrible. Why do cagers submit themselves to this daily torture?

Blech. Glad I don't have to do that too often. I'm already looking forward to riding the Triumph in tomorrow.

5 comments:

RichardM said...

It was -25°F this morning. That's one possible reason to endure the torture of the cage.

Steve Williams said...

-25F might be a reason but just barely....*grin*

My excuse is that I have to shuttle the dog to doggy daycare before work. If I had a sidecar he would enjoy it.

I've been called an asshole a few time while driving. Upon further review of the play the call was usually warranted...

Scooter in the Sticks

cpa3485 said...

I almost always prefer to ride. One of my problems is that when I drive a car, and see a motorcyclist, I have this tendency to want to wave at him or her.
It's just not the same.
Have a wonderful holiday season,
Jim

Gary France said...

Sometimes it is impossible to ride and a car is the only option, especially in England which for some strange reason has turned very white for the past week. Roll on summer!

irondad said...

Funny, you don't look like an asshole. I'm pretty sure most of them aren't that hairy.