Friday, January 02, 2009

Staring Down The New Year

I've heard a whole bunch of people saying they're glad 2008 is over, and what a terrible year it was.

I dunno, I thought 2008 kicked ass. I mean, I can't personally do anything about Wall Street, real estate, fuel prices or Alaskan governors, so I've been pretty focused on making sure that I am awesome. And when I take care of number one, when I don't let things I can't control affect me, I have a damn good time.

Last year's resolution was "live awesome," and that's what I did. I made it out to Los Alamos twice, went up the Oregon coast, actually bought a scooter and fixed it up to sell (we'll get it sold this year), handled some parrots, and wrote another novel. I rock!

If I had a resolution for this year, it would be "outdo last year."

Oh, and "get a sweet custom van."

6 comments:

Stacy said...

"I mean, I can't personally do anything about Wall Street, real estate, fuel prices or Alaskan governors, so I've been pretty focused on making sure that I am awesome."

Haha, I love this. Well said!

"Sweet custom van"? You mean like these?

Lucky said...

No, No, like these.

Allen Madding said...

or a wagon like this

Baron's Life said...

I think your post starts me on the right foot for 2009. I, like Stacy, like...no...no....love your comment:"I mean, I can't personally do anything about Wall Street, real estate, fuel prices or Alaskan governors, so I've been pretty focused on making sure that I am awesome."

This is awsome man. keep up the good work and fantastic sense of humor and self.

BTW, what kind of scooter do you have for sale?

Biker Betty said...

I must say 2008 wasn't bad for me either. I can't say I had the same New Year's resolution, lol, but it sounds great.

Happy New Year!!

Lucky said...

Thanks, everybody.

Baron - It's a 2004 Vespa ET4. It's a sweet little bike, I just bought it at the wrong time (gas prices took a big dip, and everyone stopped buying stuff).