Monday, October 06, 2008

Things People Don't Do in Cars

So I was riding my bicycle tonight and I saw a guy trying to push a pickup truck full of stuff into a gas station. Naturally, I stopped to help push the truck. It was the right thing to do.

Thing is, I probably wouldn't have stopped if I was in a car. Stopping to help in a car is a pain in the ass, relatively speaking. One has to stop the car some place out of the way, unbuckle, get out, et cetera, et cetera. On a bicycle, or even a motorcycle or scooter, stopping to help is as easy as pulling over.

I like that. I like to help people out, especially when it's something I can definitely do (like pushing a car). It's easy to just dodge the obstacle and keep rolling when one is in a cage, however. Everything is out there, when you're in a car. On a two-wheeled conveyance, on the other hand, everything is right here.

Which is pretty neat.

1 comment:

Allen Madding said...

have you seen the new Ford F150? It has a heated tailgate.




so you can keep your hands warm pushing the pile of...out of the highway :)