Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Summer Plans for the Scooter

OK, so I had some technical difficulties, and the pizza review didn't get finished. Tonight? Tomorrow? It'll be here.

In the meantime, I've been daydreaming about the wicked things we're going to do to Lady Luck's scooter this summer. She doesn't ride when it's hot out, so summertime is going to be scooter-modding-time this year.

First up is getting the seat recovered. Right now it's a beige sort of fake suede ugly seat. Well, it's not that bad, but it's far from awesome. We're going to get it covered in red with white piping.

Next up is getting the wheels powder-coated red, and mounting whitewalls (or applying whitewall paint to the current tires).

At some point, we're going to get some pinstriping done as well.

And after that, we'll start taking it to bike shows.

Yeah.

I don't know what, if any, performance mods we can do to the scooter. I guess I'll have to research it a bit. I've heard we can increase the performance by adding an air scoop to the intake. Maybe we'll be able to soup it up and make it match it's hot-rod exterior.

2 comments:

irondad said...

Turbo and flame job?

Lucky said...

I don't think Lady Luck would go for flames on her scooter.

I could see adding a supercharger, though. Who says a twist-n-go scooter can't do wheelies?