Saturday, June 17, 2006

The New Hotness

Lady Luck and I stopped by a couple of dealerships today. Some guy keeps telling me to check out BMW's. I thought I might as well, just to be fair.

Generally speaking, I do not like the way BMW's look. I appreciate that I'll probably never ride a more comfy bike, but... yuck.

Anyway, they had a couple of the K1200R models in stock. I like them a lot. I was duly impressed by the Mad Max stylings and of course, the gigantic motor. Alas, I cannot afford such a bike (Even if it was a smokin' deal at $16,000 out the door), and the rest of them just don't appeal to me.

But the trip wasn't a waste, because Lady Luck discovered the new Vespa GTS (250cc!). It's pretty nifty, and she's finally decided which scooter she most definitely wants.

Better yet, I've decided which bike I definitely want. We went over to the friendly Triumph dealership, and I checked out the Thruxton and Bonneville again. Still nice. True to form, after carefully weighing my various options on the two bikes, I noticed and decided upon something completely different.

Hiding in plain sight was the bike I'm going to get: the Triumph Speed Four. 97 hp, mighty comfy, and most importantly, it's black on black with an extra helping of black thrown in for good measure. Seriously, the bike is so black it seems to just absorb light. And did I mention "affordable"? Lady Luck and I could get a matching pair for less than the BMW.

I'm going to buy it next weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Now you must break your bike in by riding it up here.

Anonymous said...

Say this in a very annoying, horrible 8-year-old voice.
"See, I told you they were cool"
Seriously, I can't come close to affording one either, but those Bavarians are starting to come around. Super cool bike.

Anonymous said...

Oh and by the way, I was talking about the R1200S, not the K.
Annoying kid voice - off.