Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nothing like an unexpected 80 mile ride.

So, the funniest thing happened to me. Today I had a meeting in downtown Phoenix at 5:30pm. I got directions off of Expedia and left for my 30 mile trip at 4:55pm. Taking advantage of the car pool lanes, I figured I'd get there just in time.

Breezing down the HOV lanes at a completely prudent and safe 80 mph, I started to think I might actually get there with time to spare.

And I would have, too, if I hadn't missed my exit. See, expedia gave me the wrong name for the exit. So, I wound up on the far, far end of Phoenix before I realized that I'd gone a lot more than 30 miles (I like to ride, ok??). I turned around and started the journey back. And apparently missed the exit again.

That, dear reader, is how I missed my appointment and rode an extra 60 miles on my way home.

Hey, as a bonus for those of you who might be interested, I have a new job. I start in 2 weeks. Hell YEAH.

No comments: