Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sticks and Stones

Last night as I was riding home a rather large rock hurled itself into my leg. I was hoping I'd get a cool bruise, but no such luck. I don't know how fast the rock was moving towards me (too fast to dodge), but I know that I smacked into it going around 70 mph.

That totally sucked.

It left me wondering what the problem is with people who ride in shorts and flip flops. Do they just love being in pain? Has life been so gentle to them that they need some scars? Perhaps they just want to inflict their poor fashion sense on other motorists.

When I was in high school, I rode a motorcycle in shorts once. It lasted about 5 minutes before I noticed that the motor was kicking off a lot of heat, and that I didn't really like having rocks, bugs and whatever else was in my vicinity crashing into my legs. After that, I wore jeans just because they were more comfortable.

Really, it amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to pose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SO right. Of course, eventually they pay the price and it ain't pretty.