Thursday, September 29, 2005

Hooray for persistence!

Recently, I was excited to learn that the owners of Chris-Craft boats have bought the Indian motorcycle brand, and are fully intending to resume production, probably in 2006.

I have a bit of a thing for Indian Motorcycles. I was saving my pennies to buy a new one, and then the bastards up and went out of business. It broke my little heart.

But now there is new hope of owning an American motorcycle that
1. Isn't based on an HD product, and
2. Isn't butt-ugly. I've tried to like the Victory motorcycles, I really have. They had a bike a few years ago that was sufficiently mad-max looking for my taste, but they apparently stopped building it. And I can't even find any pictures of it. Of course, that might be because I can't remember what it was called...

For a while I had my sights on a Kawasaki Drifter, which happens to look a whole lot like an Indian Cheif. Of course, then I went and saw a couple in person and realized that they looked like what they are: Cheap Knockoffs.

I can't wait to be able to afford a new Cheif, and turn it into the meanest, flat-black-est Indian in the U.S.

Here's a link to the Indian Motorcycles site: http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/

Maybe I could get them to sponsor my Pizza Tour.

No comments: