Friday, August 12, 2005

10% Cool.

Ok, here's a better post for today, if you're feeling ripped off.

Henry Rollins said something once about only being 10% as cool as you think you are. I've mentioned it before. Anyway, his particular story had to do with being stoked to get on stage and be an awesome rockstar, and he wound up almost knocking himself out and he gave himself a bloody nose.

I was reminded of my own 10% coolness as I was riding to lunch. The ride started off pretty good. I got to a stoplight at the same time as another rider and we said howdy. The light turns green and off we go. He made it through the next light, and I didn't.

You should know that I stay in 1st gear with the clutch in at stoplights. That way if evasive maneuvers are required, I'm ready to go.

The light turns green, I roll on the gas, let out the clutch... and the bike doesn't move. I apparently didn't manage to shift back into first, and instead was sitting at the light in neutral.

I am such a dork.

No comments: