Thursday, June 30, 2005

Riding to Work Kicks Ass

Riding to work is awesome for many reasons, most of which have already been explained elsewhere by other people. This morning the weather was perfect, and I felt that I had to gloat about how I have an awesome time on my way to work, while everyone else is stuck in their cage fuming about the moron ahead of them (who, by the way, I was able to zip around like he wasn't there).

Now, where was I... Oh yeah, perfect weather. The perfectness of this morning made me think about how hot it was going to be later this afternoon. I'm not going to complain, but the fact is that a black bike on black top surrounded by cars in the 5 o'clock heat in Phoenix is exactly the kind of place a wussier sort would not want to be. And it's only going to get hotter as the summer goes on.

Anyways, I was thinking about how riding to work FORCES me to get up early and ride. This is awesome because I wouldn't get up early on a weekend to go out riding at the perfect time.

Well, ok, yes I would. That's beside the point though. My point is that if you don't ride to work you miss out on prime riding time. Not to mention riding period.

That's my rant for today. Hey, here's a picture of me on the mini-bike as a kid. This was about 20 minutes before I crashed into the tree.




What's funny is that I still have the same haircut.

No comments: